A Cozy & Irreverent Bookstore in South Minneapolis
WE ARE OPEN FOR BROWSING ONCE AGAIN!
Drop by during our Wed-Sat hours, or book a private shopping appointment on Sundays & Tuesdays each week (please see our "shopping appointments
" page to book)! Please be aware that masks over nose & mouth are REQUIRED at all times for in-person shoppers.
You can also Shop with us online!
Browse from the safety of your own home, and get fresh books delivered right to your door or choose to pick them up in-store
! (BONUS: free shipping on all MN orders over $25)! Sorry, but we do not process orders over the phone.
We would like to say a huge thanks to our incredible, wonderful, beautiful community of book lovers for seeing us through the pandemic. Your choice to order books through us over the past year and a half has made sure that this little shop thrived despite hard times.
Y'all are the reason we are still here, and we are so grateful!
-The Irreverent Bookworm Team
What makes The Irreverent Bookworm special?
- A whimsical and welcoming atmosphere
- A wide variety of high quality used books
- Select new books of interest
- A cozy kids' room
- Fun bookish gift items
- Interesting events such as music, poetry, readings & signings, unique seasonal celebrations (Events temporarily on hold due to COVID-19 safety concerns)
- Ample, comfy seating areas to try books before you buy them
- Ability to special order many new titles via our website
- Well-behaved dogs welcome!
- Bike racks available outside
- Plenty of on-street parking
- Bus stop on corner (routes 14, 133)
- Gift certificates available
- Accessible entrance & spacious aisles
- Masks required
Why shop at an independent bookstore?
- Bookstores promote literacy and provide engaging community events.
- Spend $100 at a local bookstore and $68 of that stays in your community. Spend the same $100 at a national chain, and your community only sees $43.
- Local businesses like ours are dedicated to creating incentives and events that directly support neighborhood initiatives.