An Irreverent Bookstore in South Minneapolis
In-store shopping at The Irreverent Bookworm is temporarily unavailable until further notice. This was an incredibly tough and heart-wrenching decision, but as we have said before, the well-being of our beloved community is our prime concern during these tough times.
Want to help us stay afloat during closure? Shop with us online!
Browse from the safety of your own home, and get fresh books delivered right to your door
or choose to pick them up curbside
! (BONUS: free shipping on all MN orders over $15
We miss seeing your faces, but we know we can make it through this and will be ever so glad to see you all in person once again when we reopen. In the meantime, watch our social media pages for fun and informative posts, and keep an eye on our website and email for important updates.
Be safe, be well, and keep on reading! 📚🧡
-The Irreverent Bookworm Team
What makes The Irreverent Bookworm special?
- A whimsical and welcoming atmosphere
- A wide variety of high-quality used books
- Select new books of interest
- A cozy kids' room
- Fun bookish gift items
- Interesting events such as music, poetry, readings & signings, unique seasonal celebrations
- Private room FREE to reserve for local book clubs, writing groups, etc.
- Ample, comfy seating areas to try books before you buy them
- Exciting partnerships with awesome local folks like Feminist Book Club
- Ability to special order many new titles
- Well-behaved dogs welcome!
- Bike racks available outside
- Plenty of on-street parking
- Bus stop on corner (routes 14, 133)
- Gift certificates available
- Accessible entrance & spacious aisles
Why shop at an independent bookstore?
- Bookstores promote literacy and provide engaging community events.
- Spend $100 at a local bookstore and $68 of that stays in your community. Spend the same $100 at a national chain, and your community only sees $43.
- Local businesses like ours are dedicated to creating incentives and events that directly support neighborhood initiatives.