An Irreverent Bookstore in South Minneapolis
What makes The Irreverent Bookworm special?
- A whimsical and welcoming atmosphere
- A wide variety of high-quality used books
- Select new books of interest
- A cozy kids' room
- Fun bookish gift items
- Interesting events such as music, poetry, readings & signings, unique seasonal celebrations
- Private room FREE to reserve for local book clubs, writing groups, etc.
- Ample, comfy seating areas to try books before you buy them
- Exciting partnerships with awesome local folks like Feminist Book Club
- Ability to special order many new titles
- Well-behaved dogs welcome!
- Bike racks available outside
- Plenty of on-street parking
- Bus stop on corner (routes 14, 133)
- Gift certificates available
- Accessible entrance & spacious aisles
Why shop at an independent bookstore?
- Bookstores promote literacy and provide engaging community events.
- Spend $100 at a local bookstore and $68 of that stays in your community. Spend the same $100 at a national chain, and your community only sees $43.
- Local businesses like ours are dedicated to creating incentives and events that directly support neighborhood initiatives.