Now Open Monday and Tuesday Nights 5pm-9pm!
With the overwhelming support of our wonderful community of booklovers we've been progressing quickly and are now able to open up additional soft open hours for the summer. Come buy, trade and hang out with us on Monday and Tuesday nights!
Who the heck are we?
- An independent, family-owned bookstore fully opening in September of 2019 on the corner of 52nd St and Bloomington Ave in South Minneapolis.
- A warm, welcoming space that encourages literacy and love for the written word throughout our diverse community of friends, neighbors, and fellow bookworms everywhere.
- Carriers of a thoughtfully curated selection of high-quality used and new titles, gift items, and other discretionary oddities.
Why the heck should you care?
- Bookstores promote literacy and provide engaging community events.
- Spend $100 at a local bookstore and $68 of that stays in your community. Spend the same $100 at a national chain, and your community only sees $43.
- Local businesses like ours are dedicated to creating incentives and events that directly support neighborhood initiatives.
How the heck can you help?
- We want your input! Have some reads you rave about or books that bear consideration? Let us know! We are a community business, and welcome your two cents when it comes to stocking our shelves!
- We need your used books! Turn your books into store credit. See our trade-in page for details.
- Snag our merch! We've snagged some amazing gear that makes you look good and helps build our store.
- Spread the word! Do you know people in the neighborhood or schools near our store? Let them know what we’re doing! Like us on Facebook, follow us on Instagram
- Read with your ears! Libro.fm Audiobooks is an extension of our bookstore that offers a vast selection of audiobooks to avid listeners. Receive 3 free audiobooks when switching from Audible.