We need your books!
Trade in for what?
- We offer a generous in-store credit for good quality trade-ins. We do not currently pay cash for used books
- Trade-in value is typically 10-25% of the original cover price but varies depending on condition and demand for a given title
We cannot accept the following
- Paperbacks with noticeable creases in the spine
- Hardcovers without their dust jacket
- Liquid damage
- Severe wear
- Weird smells
- Excessive writing, underlining or highlighting
- Former library books (including stamped Little Free Library books)
- Advanced Reader Copies
- Reader's Digest editions
- Non-book items (ie: VHS/DVD, cassettes)
How do I trade-in?
- As we are still building out our store we will be announcing limited trade-in days and hours. We will announce these on our social media pages as well as our mailing list.
- If you are unable to make one of our trade-in days, contact us and we can make an appointment to meet you at our shop for a drop-off
- Our turnaround time to review and make an offer is longer than usual until we are fully up and running. It may take 1-2 weeks before we provide you an offer once your books are dropped off
- Once an offer is made, you can choose to accept the offer and we will provide notice of your credit via email.
- If you decline our offer we will arrange a time for pick up of your books at our store
What can I do with this credit?
- Trade-in credit is for the purchase of books only
- Once we open, credit can be used both in-store and online
- Your credit can also be used at our interim pop-up events. Check our events page, follow our social media and mailing list for these announcements