NOTE: We are currently NOT accepting trade-ins
Check this page or sign up for our email list for updates!
Trade in for what?
- We offer in-store credit for good quality trade-ins. We do not currently pay cash for used books
- Trade-in value is typically 10-25% of the original cover price but varies depending on condition and demand for a given title
We cannot accept the following
- Paperbacks with noticeable creases in the spine
- Hardcovers without their dust jacket
- Liquid damage
- Severe wear
- Weird smells
- Excessive writing, underlining or highlighting
- Former library books (including stamped Little Free Library books)
- Advanced Reader Copies
- Reader's Digest editions
- Non-book items (ie: VHS/DVD, cassettes)
How do I trade-in?
- Trade-in lots about the size of 2 grocery bags can be dropped during normal business hours without an appointment.
- If you have a larger lot of books, contact us and to make sure we have room and can make appropriate arrangements.
- It may take 1-2 weeks before we provide you an offer once your books are dropped off.
- Once an offer is made, you can choose to accept the offer and we will provide notice of your credit via text or email.
- If you decline our offer we will arrange a time for pick up of your books at our store
- If we do not receive a response to your offer after 2 weeks, we will assume acceptance of your books and apply the store credit to your account.
What can I do with this credit?
- Trade-in credit is for the purchase of books only (both used and new!)